Sunday, March 8, 2015

Starships

I'm kind of addicted to Elite: Dangerous at the moment.  It is a real rush to be flying Internet spaceships again and swearing when my ship gets destroyed or when I screw up and get scanned and fined by the police for carrying contraband.  Good times.

However what possessed me to write here was Sid Meiers Starships which I saw on Steam the other day as something that's coming out soon.  iPad, PC and Mac. Turn based strategy. 15$ price tag.  All these are excellent indicators that this game is something to take notice of.  They you look at the screen shot.

Looks like something I would want to try...  Image by 2K
  That is very nice.

The kicker here is that there is no multi-player.  Boooooooooooooosh.  So close but no love  Why does no one understand the need for a good turn based play by email (or web) multi-player space game?  Well back to the Space Empires boys and wait for the next heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment