Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Motorcycle patches

I have been wanting to come up with a decent motorcycle patch to wear for Upper Canada Irregulars.
I think it would be pretty sweet even if there are very few UCI folks with motorcycles.  Looking into it a bit it looks like you can order a custom back patch for about $150 so for about the price of a couple games I could get one made.  What to put on it however?  Obviously it should have "Upper Canada" across the top and "Irregulars" across the bottom in motorcycle patch style.  It needs a snazzy image in the middle.  I'm sure if I had something worked up it would inspire more members to get motorcycles and we could go driving all over the place and invite remarks on how cool it all is to be a rapidly mobile gamer in the modern world.

There is the Knife-fighting Lobster logo which graces this blog and is super cool.  I'm not sure it would work but if it was adapted into a coat of arms it could possibly be interesting.  There is also the good ol' Governor General's flag which was made famous by blowing in Bingo's face during the inaugural UCI photoshoot.  I suppose that could be adapted somehow.



Looking around on the internet I found this pretty cool image from a medal issued after the war of 1812.  That could be interesting, especially reusing the font and incorporating the beaver, the lion and the eagle there.  Maybe make them play Twilight Imperium or Puerto Rico or something.

Read more about it
Not being a graphic artist or any caliber I'd certainly welcome any submissions from the membership. Davie once did up a crazy logo for the group based on the UCI letters and some vague references from me about a RISK pieces, but it was pretty abstract and I'm not sure it would make a good patch. I should see if I can dig it up post it anyway.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment