Sunday, July 27, 2014

Advanced Civilization

I was pretty jazzed when I found this link recently and I am eager to do a bit more research into it.  Some fine and noble souls have build an Advanced Civilization site.  The game takes about 8-12 hours to play in meat space so I'd expect the computer game taking a similar amount of time.  Playing over the computer would have advantages, not least being that it appears games save their state so you can play it over a couple sessions.   After a quick eyeballing it looks to be pretty good, there is even an option to pause your game if people are going to be on vacation or whatnot - a big plus with you sketchy lot.  Requires you create an account to play the game, but that's pretty normal and I don't see how you could do it otherwise.  There is an indexed help system you can check out first, and looks like a PDF of the game rules from the box.

Playing Advanced Civilization at Hammercon 2013


I love me some Civilization so this might be a real find.  I'd be very interested in doing a 8 player game of this over a couple nights.

2 comments:

  1. they kept the aesthetic too. i'd like to see how it plays.

    ReplyDelete