Thursday, July 24, 2014

M.U.L.E

M.U.L.E (see wikipedia) really is a special game, probably the first original 'boardgame' that I played on a computer.  I say original because there was always checkers and cards and chess and things that had been translated over.  I mean remember Archon?  That game was awesome, but it wasn't a whole-cloth new strategy game.  M.U.L.E was a good game and was a hell of a lot of fun on the Commodore 64.

Human for the win.

And it's still a good game, although someone please tell me why it isn't available on the Playstation or Wii marketplace?  What is up with consoles not having this game when there are 10 versions of eMonolopy out?
There was recently a M.U.L.E game on the iPad and I bought it, but I didn't like the interface.  It felt weird and the art was a bit off in my opinion.  I do like art and the the interface for Planet M.U.L.E on the PC.  It plays much like the original except for the joystick, which is a shame because the joystick was a good bit.  Planet M.U.L.E is free but you need to make an account which some people are weird about.    Its a 4 player game and pretty short as strategy computer games go - maybe an hour or so.  I say go get it and we can play a game.  There is even a spectator and tournament feature if you are feeling like you can bring it.


1 comment:

  1. Archon, most excellent. The barber chair and the amiga were the best.

    ReplyDelete